Monday 11 January 2021

reishi cacao


Adaptogenic herbs and mushrooms can help our bodies handle stress and work to support our energy levels. Adaptogens have been used in traditional medicines for centuries - to support stress response, boost immune system and generally improve one's overall health. Some of the most common adaptogens include ginseng, maca, ashwaganda, licorice, reishi, cordyceps... In the past (back in my raw food days) I've had great results with maca to get a good energy boost, but for the last few years I have found it to be a bit "too energizing" for my regular restlessness. Lately I've been using powdered reishi/lingzhi mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum) - 1 tsp a day, usually either in a green smoothie or with cacao and homemade hazelnut mylk. I feel a nice&cozy energy boost, but also a calming effect and it seems to help relieve anxiety.

This is the simple recipe that I have been using for adaptogenic cacao drink/

1 tsp reishi powder

1 tsp cacao powder

1 tsp coconut blossom sugar

200 ml warm roasted hazelnut mylk (made the same way as in this recipe, only the nuts were oven-baked)

/blend everything in a blender, or simply whisk to combine.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License